Wednesday, 9 September 2026

NEA Production Log #2 | Storyboard construction

 NEA Production Log #2

Pre-production: Storyboard construction

21.04.2026 - 22.04.2026

  • I've begun to construct a digital storyboard via Canva using the inspo images sourced from Pinterest
  • This is to help me when it comes to shooting and editing the video
  • It will allow me to know which shots are going to be used at which point in the song, how long for, when to film what, etc.
  • It will also help match the lyrics to what's on screen
  • It will aid with mise-en-scene and coming up with frames
  • During these two days I created the first grid for the intro of the song:
This is grid 1 as of now, which shows the opening intro to the song, which consists of a voice note in which singer Cat Burns talks about her struggle with mental health after a traumatic event





23.04.2026
  • Today I made grid 2, which covers the first verse of the song
  • I used seven columns to help separate the different scenes and keep things organised
During the verse, we watch MC as she reluctantly drags herself out of bed to start her day. Things keep going wrong for her (spills morning coffee, messes up makeup, nothing good in fridge), causing frustration and setting the tone for another bad day.


May - June 2026

During this time, I finished the storyboard, expanding the story to a different location - MC's friends invite her to a picnic in the park but she remains miserable and low energy for most of the day. However, towards the end of the video, we see a small spark develop in her, as she finds herself laughing with her friends again and forgetting her troubles for a couple of hours. Being with her friends for the day reminds MC of how much love surrounds her, and how many people she has supporting her journey. The video ends with her quiet realisation that she will eventually be okay someday, and that her sadness won't last forever - time will eventually move faster.

(I have split the video into acts for organisation; the beginning to the end of the first chorus is act 1, and the start of verse two all the way to the end is act 2) 

No comments:

Post a Comment